Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Pets - Cats and Dogs

Photographer Seth Casteel from http://www.littlefriendsphoto.com/ inspired me to take more pictures of my pets! I have two cats, Roez and Miah, and one dog, Diesel - an Irish Terrier. Miah and Diesel are the best of friends. They sleep together almost every night on Diesel's bed. They bring so much joy to my life and I hope they feel the same. Here are some of the shot I took recently.


Diesel is our Irish Terrier. He is about a year and a half old and we share the same birthday! I have a companion, friend, guardian and a dog in Diesel! One of his ears is always standing up straight - its his trademark! He loves to socialize especiall with Miah (below) - he even shares his bed with her.


Diesel has two favourite games - to play ball and to play chase!
He can also do some fancy tricks! My favourite is when I point my hand like a gun and pretend to shoot him - he will lay down and roll over! It hillarious!


Miah and Diesel competing for the ball!



This is Miah. Somebody found Miah at a prison whens she was about 5 weeks old. They took her to my sister, Wilni, who is a vetrenarian. I just lost a cat, Assie, so my sister asked me if I wanted to adopt a new kitten. She was so young and we bonded immediately. Miah is about 8 months old now and she never leaves my side.


Miah follows me around in the garden.


Meet Roez. She is my oldest pet. In Afrikaans the word 'Roes' means rusted. Roez has the most beautiful coat and the different shades of yellow, orange, white and black reminded me of rust.
During the day she gallivants around the farm and we hardly see her. But in the evenings she comes to snuggle up against us on the couch. Dirt bathing is one of her favourite activities...and unfortunately the second is sleeping on my percale bedsheet...
What I love most about Roez is the way she is ALWAYS talking to us. Sometimes she drives you nuts! She is a very social eater and meeau's until you go and shake her foodbowl...then she will eat. Both of my cats come running when I call them! I love them soooo much!

No comments: